This week I got to commute to work via bike for the first time this year. I managed it a few times last year, but this year it just didn’t seem to be in the cards most weeks. I love the idea of biking to work for a few reasons.
- It’s a great workout, and starting your day with physical activity just seems to make everything go better.
- The morning can be a beautiful time to be out and biking. The pic above was from crossing the Mississippi at 694. All the people on the interstate missed that view.
- It’s better for the environment, and it’s easy to find parking.
- Traffic isn’t a big issue (though construction still stinks).
- Despite being tired, the ride home is still good for me and I burn off a few more calories from lunch.
Only one of my offices is really close enough for me to bike, so I need to really try to take advantage of it when I can. Hopefully there will be a few more opportunities this year to get out there and pedal my way to work.
One thought on “Getting to bike commute again”