This week marks the end of my goal to create something every single day of 2015. Although I’ve been late a couple of times throughout the year, I have managed to create a blog entry of some fashion for every single day. I knew I was a bit worried when I started that I would lose interest a few months into the year, but I’m happy to report that I kept it going, and felt that some of my entries from the second half of the year were just as strong as the start.
As a bonus my friend Wes also joined me in blogging everyday, and has also completed his journey as well!
A few interesting points of note:
- I tried doing some audio blogging, and though I liked it, I did lose rhythm with it and never continued it. I feel I’d need to be more dedicated to keep up with a podcast type of blog than trying to just randomly sprinkle in some audio posts.
- Many days I simply created a picture. Some people might find that a cop-out, but what I discovered is that sometimes I wouldn’t have anything to say, but I could always find something to take a picture of.
- I’ve managed 5,412 views, 3,525 visitors and 713 likes, with only a couple days left to go.
- My most viewed story was my Open Letter to Minnesota Liquor Stores.
- My second most viewed was my Spongebob movie review, which I totally didn’t expect.
- Most of my writing fell into certain categories, but beer and running topped the list as my two most talked about topics. Technology was probably a close third.
My wife has asked me if I’m planning to continue in 2016 with this trend. I’m currently on the fence about it, but I’m leaning a little bit towards continuing. I have a few more days to decide for sure 🙂
Big thanks to everyone who’s been following me and commenting in 2015. I hope you have a great start into the New Year, and Happy Blogging!