Today involved a bit of yard work with the family. We decided to spread some wood mulch around the house to give it some curb appeal, and cover up some weeds and dirt. 40 bags of mulch later and we have the house surrounded.
I also took this opportunity to play with the new HDR features of Lightroom. I took bracketed exposures of each side of my house and then merged them into a single image and then did some post-processing. The advantage of these HDR images is that I was able to even out the shadows under the eaves of the house with the blazing sunlight on the main part of the yard.
Below are the two finished shots. These HDR’s are all about exposure, I’ll try some focus ones another time. Overall I’m happy with the effect, but I think I need more control over how much of each image to include.